- Acute myocardial infarction is the number one cardiac emergency .
- About a million papers and articles are available in medical literature about STEMI.
- Management of STEMI when they present early is addressed by every text book.
- It is really surprising to note there is no simple and specific guidelines to manage STEMI when they present late to the ER .
- Such a scheme is vital for physicians, as experience suggest almost 40 % of all STEMI arrive late and are ineligible for specific reperfusion strategies.
The following flow chart is exclusively meant for usage in STEMI when they arrive late >12 hours .
This is a personalised version based on working in one of the oldest CCU in Asia which handles about 2000 acute coronary syndromes every year with a mortality rate of 6-7 % Hope one can bear with it !
Please click on the chart for a high resolution Image
Comments are welcome