- Endothelium is the largest vascular organ in the body .
- It is constantly being serviced by both the circulating blood from the luminal side as well as from the abluminal plane.
- The discovery of nitric oxide and endothelin was a breakthrough .
- They are under neural, mechanical and endocrine control .
- Negative emotions like anger and depression has a high correlation with hypertension and cardiac event
- Positive emotions like laughter and happiness is expected to have good vascular tone
This fascinating study from Japan and USA (Texas) published in American journal of cardiology , discusses how a comedy movie possibly releases nitric oxide profusely from our endothelium
Link placed with the courtesy of AJC