Cardiology as a specialty has grown faster than any other field in medicine. From the days of Da -vinci and William Harvey , the urge to understand the intricacies of anatomy and physiology of this organ that sustain the rhythm of life , life was tremendous .
Heart was a gift of life by God to the man kind
- Few men dreamed about it.
- Few were simply fascinated by it .
- Some exploited it in the name of science .
- Only few spent the entire life for it , explored it passionately . . . truly and genuinely .
One such person , we should all celebrate is Noble O Fowler From Cincinnati USA. This unassuming ,(In contrast to some of the current hyped up achievers !) has kindled thirst in the subject to many youngsters .
His remarkable achievement included
- The pioneering thoughts about pre-infarction angina (Now labeled as unstable angina)
- Pericardial physiology and pathology
- A overall approach to cardiac patient with shrewed physiological and pathological sense.
His book cardiac diagnosis was a exclusively authored by him is still considered as unique as his life.
Some how this book never got published beyond the 1980 s.
I personally dedicate this little service to cardiology literature to the legacy of Noble O Fowler.
A tribute by his Collegue Robert J Adokph