It is surprising to find many similarities between our heart and the car .Both essentially carry out mechanical function. One carries the life , while the other beats , breaths life !
- The car is the status symbol of modern life , while the heart is a life by itself .
- The car has a 4 stroke engine , while the heart has only two strokes – systole and diastole !
- The car pumps petrol , the heart does it with blood.
- The car can afford to take rest at night in your garage but , your heart doesn’t.
- Car can be replaced by a fresh one every 5 -10 years your heart can’t be.
- In India , it is mandatory for the cars to be insured for about 10 Lakh rupees , while the poor hearts of our country men are not even insured for a single pie !
- A dent in your new Toyota can give us sleep less nights for many days . A bruised and battered heart with tobacco and cholesterol is rarely bothered about .
When the silent screams of the heart are not respected and heard , there is no other option left for it , to register its protest , except with a heart attack .This can either be a SOS call or a call from Heaven !
Remember , the heart breathes your life , your car doesn’t .Heart is million times glorious than your car.
It is foolish to compare the heart with a car . But let us at least learn to respect it . . . like our car.
Heart service station
- Authorized heart service centers are few . Insist on genuine spare parts. Good service engineers are becoming a rare breed.
- Remember both defective spare parts and dysfunctional service engineers can ruin your heart.
- Do not allow your heart to be explored and dismantled for flimsy reasons.
- Never hand over your heart to strangers.
- Do not-self indulge in 64 slices of fancy shooting of your heart . Resist the temptation.
- Finally do not ever go for unscheduled free heart service camps . That is the beginning of trouble for your heart.
Some hearts may servicing alright , but realise , you are the master of the service station .
If only you respect it , it rarely requires to be sent to a garage (cath lab )
Simple life style, adequate activity, nutritious diet, peaceful sleep, good work ethics ,respect to fellow citizens ,good-bye to anger , helping the poor, a joyous family life , and finally . . . less visits to your physician ! These make a perfect , sure shot recipe for living 100 glorious years !