- It is a complex PCI procedure meant for high risk bifurcation /Trifurcation lesions
- Two stents are simultaneously deployed.
- It aims to prevent sudden acute occlusion of one of the major branches .
- It is not an easy procedure , and be used only in rare circumstances .
- Distal left main and ostio proximal LAD/LCX is a classical example.
- Navigation can be difficult , only well experienced operators should attempt it.
*Is there a ready made two lumen stent available ?
It is one of the techniques available to stent unprotected left main
An excellent review in ACC intervention journal for unprotected left main .