Off label prescription
- Is a great scientific concept
- Is a deceit camouflaged with a pseudo scientific fabric.
- Can be encouraged in very selective patient population and diseases by experienced cardiologists , as it may be really useful when no other options are available.
- Is diagonally opposite to evidence based medicine , should be banned in toto !
4 is the correct answer .occasionally 3 can be true
Some of the examples of off label indication
- Statins for Aortic stenosis
- VSD device for RSOV closure
- Ivabradine for cardiac failure
By the way how does an off label become on label?
It is not the ” God ” who gives the label to them
There are few “Demi Gods” sitting aside in the regulatory corridors of New york and Geneva who decide the fate of these drugs and devices . Ultimately the integrity of these organizations that will either protect or injure our patients !
Medical science grows my mistakes . . . hence we should be encouraged to do more of that . . . so that we can grow !