Posts Tagged ‘future of medicine’
Posted in bio ethics, cardiology -Preventive, medical quotes, Two line sermons in cardiology, tagged cardiology ethics, conflicts of interest, doctors honesty, future of medicine, hippocrates oath, medical auditing, medical bio ethics, medical commerce, medical economics, medical ethics, medical research, moral education for medical students, motivated research, physician behavior, stemi primary pci, teaching ethics for doctors, unethical medical practices on April 14, 2014| Leave a Comment »
Greatest threat to the future of human health is . . .
- Not from exotic infectious agents , bird flu or mosquito fevers
- Not from epidemic of cardio vascular disease
- Not from thousands of published diseases in ICD code
- Not from aging population and failing vital organs
- Not from lack of availability of life saving drugs and devices
- Not from lack of hospital beds.
- Not from good sanitation
- Not from hunger and poverty
- Not from lack of para medical workers
- Not from lack of health awareness and education
But from . . .
- The way health care is administered in this planet .
- The way noble professionals are created .
- The way trivial health issues prevail over major health crises that wallop the health budgets.
- The way by which medical morality is systematically destroyed
- The way “concept of health” is sold as a buyable commodity by insurance companies.
- The way medical journals churns out junk articles in the name of research.
- The way corporates indulge in delirious pursuit to increase bed occupancy rate of their patient ware houses (Also called Hospitals)
- The way greedy drug companies aim to increase the per capita drug consumption of ill informed homo-sapiens by discovering pseudo drugs for pseudo illness
- The way health insurance policies are misused
- The way rich spend billions for reconstructive cosmetic surgery while the poor die for want of basic medicines !